Wednesday 12 March 2014

Seventeen Solo Eyeshadow Swatches


Seventeen Solo eyeshadows are available online at Boots for only £3.89. I have 9 of them and think they are a fantastic, good quality, cheap find! The texture is lovely (save for one glittery shade that I own), they are pigmented and apply well, lasting a good 6-8 hours over primer.

There are 16 shades in the range I believe, and they have a great selection when it comes to the colour spectrum- they have everything from neutrals to brights!


These are bigger than the size of MAC shadows so contain a lot of product - I can't see me needing to repurchase any of these any time soon.


I really like the packaging - the eyeshadows are contained within black screw top jars. The packaging does not feel cheap considering the price. My only issue is that it is a little bulky.

Regal is the only shade of the 9 that I have that I find to be sub-par texture and application wise. It is a glittery shade and so has a rather gritty texture and can create a lot of fallout. I find Regal best when applied wet or over a sticky base such as Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy.


Pros:
Great shade range, pigmented, long lasting over primer, huge product for a very cheap price, good packaging.

Cons:
The glittery shades can be duds when not used over a sticky base/primer, packaging could be less bulky.

Overall, I highly recommend these eyeshadows, you really can't go wrong for under £4! My favourites are Ivory Coast, Statuesque, Rose Quartz and Gold Emerald.

No comments:

Post a Comment