Tuesday 12 March 2013

L'oreal Glam Shine Stain Splash: Romy, Juliet & Milady

I came across these whilst in Boots; priced at £7.99 each I managed to get these three as part of a 3 for 2 offer. I've never tried anything like this before, I've always stuck to lipsticks as I'm not much of a gloss fan- I find they're often too sticky and my hair ends up stuck to my lips all the time. L'oreals Glam Shine Stain Splashes (bit of a mouthful!) are comparable to YSL Glossy Stains, but at just a third of the price!

I picked up Romy, Juliet and Milady.


I surprised myself and absolutely love these. They are buildable and with a few coats can create an opaque lip; alternatively they can be used with one or two swipes to create a sheer lip which is perfect for someone like me who tends to shy away from bold opaque lips (I am trying so hard to get over this though!)
Here are the swatches for the three:


They do have a scent- they smell like raspberries; this doesn't last too long and there is no discernible taste while on the lips.

They wear for a good couple of hours without needing to be touched up, and when they do fade away you're left with a stain that lasts despite vigorous scrubbing. They didn't appear drying on my lips but you may wish to apply a balm prior to using one of these stains.

Here is the stain left on my arm after the Milady swatches:


Overall I think these are an amazing and affordable drugstore product. They have 8 different shades available within the UK but I do believe they have a wider range available within the US.

What do you think? Have you tried any of L'oreal's Glam Shine Stain Splashes?

No comments:

Post a Comment