Wednesday 23 January 2013

The Chequered Lily Swatches


I recently came across The Chequered Lily on Etsy; I was soon intrigued and ordered a set of 10 samples. The samples cost $5.50 for 10 samples of your choice plus $1.40 for international shipping ($1 for shipping within the US). The turnaround time was very quick, I ordered on the 15th, the samples were shipped on the 16th and arrived on the 23rd. Included was also 2 freebie samples. The samples do come in baggies which aren't my personal preference as I'd rather jars or clamshells. They did, however, contain a fair amount of product, I'd estimate around 1/8 of a teaspoon.


Each bag is labelled including a list of ingredients. And now, on to the swatches...

L-R Invocation, Snow Glass Apples, Neverwhere, Mr. Wednesday, Grimoire, Black Valentine

L-R Snake Charmer, Trolled, Stranger Tides, Stormbringer, The Penny Arcade, Circassian Girl

These are all swatched on bare skin.

Invocation and Snow Glass Apples look very similar but there is a subtle difference- Invocation is more golden and Snow Glass Apples is pinker. They have a lovely sparkle and sheen that hasn't been picked up by the camera.

I really like all of them but my personal favourites are Black Valentine, Stormbringer and Circassian Girl.

These shadows are fantastic quality and great value (a full sized 5 gram jar filled with approximately 1 gram of product sells for $6.50). Kimberly, the owner, is ever so sweet; she wrote a lovely thank you message on my invoice. I definitely plan on getting a few more of these shadows to add to my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment